Alpine Township owns and maintains three cemeteries. The fee for Alpine residents and their immediate family members is $350 per grave; a non-resident's fee is $525. The Clerk is responsible for cemetery records, grave sales, rules and burial arrangements. Contact the Clerk for information and arrangements at the Township Office (616)784-1262.
For EMERGENCY weekend burial arrangements, please contact the Clerk.
View cemetery mapping on REGIS here
Alpine Township's Cemetery Ordinance
Graves and Cemetery Fees
Alpine Center Cemetery (2400 7 Mile Road NW)
Alpine Center Cemetery (also known as Alpine Town Hall Cemetery or Old Alpine Cemetery) is located on 7 Mile Road just west of Walker Avenue, next to the Alpine Township Historical Museum, the former Township Hall. Edward Wheeler provided the land for the cemetery in 1854.
Englishville Cemetery (7728 Vinton Avenue NW)
Englishville Cemetery is located on Vinton Avenue just north of 9 Mile Road. This Alpine Township cemetery was owned by a cemetery association group until 1999. The property was a private burial ground until the Alpine Burial Society No. 1 was formed in 1857.
Pine Grove Cemetery (6200 Vinton Avenue NW)
Pine Grove Cemetery (formerly Alpine Cemetery) is located on Vinton Avenue just north of 7 Mile Road. It was established in 1837 when Alpine Village was founded. In 1850, John Colton conveyed the cemetery to the newly formed Alpine Township. The size of the cemetery increased in 1894, in 1921, in 1961, and in 1970.The earliest graves are dated 1842. An October 1940 fire destroyed all of the records for this cemetery up to that point.
Grave and burial fees are reviewed and updated annually.
Please contact the Clerk Emily Symko at (616) 784-1262 for additional information.