ELECTION INFORMATION2021 SPECIAL ELECTION DATES - To Fill the Vacant 28th District Seat Vacated by Peter MacGregor who was elected Kent County Treasurer.
SPECIAL PRIMARY ELECTION - Tuesday, August 3, 2021
SPECIAL ELECTION - Tuesday, November 2, 2021
THANK YOU election workers for your time working at the precincts. We could not do it without you!
Alpine Township is always looking for individuals to serve as Election Inspectors.
Election Inspector information
See if You are Registered to Vote: www.michigan.gov/vote
You will find information about registering to vote, voting equipment, polling place locations, and more.
Registering to Vote:
To register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen.
At least 18 years old by Election Day.
A resident of Michigan.
- A resident of the city or township where you are applying to register to vote.
Stop by the Township office to register to vote or print and complete the FORM on the Secretary of State website. If you need a new voter ID card, call the Clerk at 784-1262
Voting Locations and Equipment:
Alpine Township has six voting precincts (View Precinct Map). The locations for each of the precincts are listed below. The Township uses the State issued tabulators and Voter Assist terminals. If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk, Jean Wahlfield, at (616) 784-1262.
Alpine Community Building
2015 7 Mile Road NW
Zion Lutheran Church
582 Lamoreaux Drive NW
Alpine Township Offices
5255 Alpine Avenue NW
Fire Station #2
3859 7 Mile Rd NW
Fire Station #3
610 9 Mile Road NW
Alpine Fire Station #1
841 Alpine Church Road NW
ABSENTEE VOTERS - A voter may request an absentee ballot for any Election.
MOVE ACT - The federal Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act was signed into law by the president in October 2009.
Voters Covered Under the Law Michigan voters covered under the MOVE Act include:
1) A member of a uniformed service on active duty who is absent from his or her city or township of residence. (Voter can be inside the United States or outside the United States).
2) A member of the Merchant Marine who, by reason of service in the Merchant Marine, is absent from his or her city of township of residence. (Voter can be inside the United States or outside the United States).
3) A spouse or dependent of a member of a uniformed service or a member of the Merchant Marine who, by reason of the active duty or service of the member, is absent from his or her city or township of residence. (Voter can be inside the United States or outside the United States).
4) A civilian voter who is outside the United States and is eligible to vote in Michigan.
For more information on Military and Overseas Civilian Voters, and to register to vote and/or obtain an absent voter ballot by e-mail, fax or regular mail, click here. Please complete the FPCA yearly.